Severe weather can happen anytime throughout the year. Although Mille Lacs Energy's electric system is built to withstand harsh weather, damaging storms can cause outages. Please check your home's breaker panel (and any outdoor disconnects located below the meter) to make sure the outage is not due to a tripped breaker.
To Report a Power Outage:
Call MLEC's toll-free number (24/7) at
Our crews will respond immediately to help get your lights back on as soon as possible.
View a map of outages in the MLEC service territory.
If you experience a power outage:
FIRST, be sure to check all fuses and breakers, including those in the disconnect that may be located at the meter outside. If a fuse is blown, you can replace it. If a breaker has tripped, it can be reset. THEN, call Mille Lacs Energy Cooperative at 218-927-2191 or 800-450-2191. You can also report by logging in to your account on the MLEC website and submitting the outage or by SmartHub mobile app.
Please remember, phones such as cordless telephones require a connection to an electric outlet and will likely not work during outages. Phones that are hard-wired to telephone company circuits should continue to work. Cell phones will work if the battery is charged.
Please note: When you report an outage by phone, the phone number you call from may be recognized to help speed you through the outage system. Please check the phone numbers on your account, using the SmartHub online system or by contacting MLEC by phone, email or in person to make sure we have your phone numbers up-to-date.
TO REPORT AN OUTAGE BY PHONE AFTER HOURS:
- Call our normal business number: 927-2191 or 800-450-2191
- Press “1” to report a power outage and please listen to all prompts
- Our IVR (interactive voice response) system recognizes the caller’s phone number and asks you to verify the location of the power outage. (It is important that we have your correct phone number on record, either the land line phone or cell phone.)
- If you are not calling from the phone listed in our IVR system, say or enter the phone number for the location without power.
- If we do not have your phone number in our system, the system will indicate it “does not recognize your number” and you will be asked to leave your name, phone number and the location of the power outage.
- If you know the cause of the outage, you will be asked to leave a message.
- When you are done, please listen and wait for a few seconds to receive a message acknowledging receipt of your report.
TO REPORT AN OUTAGE ON OUR WEBSITE:
- Log in to your account, then click Report an Outage under Quick Links. (You will need your account number to set up an account if you have not previously done so.)
TO REPORT AN OUTAGE ON OUR SMARTHUB MOBILE APP:
- Log in to your SmartHub App. Click on Contact Us; then Report an Outage or Service Status (The SmartHub App is available from your Mobile App Store. Search SmartHub. You will need your account number to set up an account if you have not previously done so.)
We always appreciate your patience while crews work diligently and safely during power outages. Once we know about your outage, crews will be dispatched immediately so your power can be restored as quickly as possible.