Wait 'Til Late
The demand for electricity is dramatically increased during the summer, causing higher electric costs. To help save money, we ask that cooperative members voluntarily reduce their energy consumption during critical peak pricing advisories by waiting until late, as late as 10 p.m. before using major appliances.
A critical peak pricing advisory is NOT an emergency alert indicating a shortage of electricity or line overloading. We simply want you to be aware when you can save the most money by voluntarily reducing electricity usage.
How can you help? When you hear the alert on the radio, you can:
- Postpone use of appliances such as washers, dryers and dishwashers until as late as 10 pm
- Choose meals that don’t contribute additional heat to the home
- Draw curtains and draperies
- Set the air conditioner to 78 degrees or higher
- Turn off excess lights
- Participate in energy management programs, services and rates offered by Mille Lacs Energy.